Looks like the season of running from one building to another at the speed of light and with clenched teeth is getting to an end, at least according to the weather app on my iPhone! I do have a couple winter outfits to show you though where there’s still some snow. This particular styling was inspired by one of my own posts from a couple weeks ago, turns out they are useful after all!
As part of Asos Be Yourself project I was asked to pick an outfit from Asos that would represent my everyday work style and answer a couple of questions about my work. I have to admit I’m lucky to wear whatever I like whenever I like since I don’t work at an office anymore, but naturally I try to make my clothes look appropriate to where I’m going and fulfill specific tasks.
1. Where do you work and what’s your position? I work as a fashion stylist on shootings, a personal stylist and a blogger.
2. Which aspects of your work make you get out of bed every morning with enthusiasm? Every day is not like the other, at work I’m always challenged creatively and get to meet new inspiring people everyday. I’m a huge perfectionist and it makes me happy to see my work highly appreciated, and for that I’m ready to wake up as early as needed.
3. What is a standard dress code in your industry? No dresscode whatsoever.
4. What constitutes your ultimate outfit combination? My ultimate combination has to be comfortable, flattering and trendy. I need to be at multiple places throughout the day so I keep all these aspects in mind, when I get dressed in the morning.
5. What are your favorite work shoes and why? Definitely ankle boots. They are edgy, comfortable and work with so many outfit combinations.
6. Any tips on how to save time doing your hair in the morning? There’s this old school thing I’m doing every morning. After I wash and blow dry my hair I’m using velcro rollers to add some volume to the roots while I’m doing my makeup. It works!
7. Can you give an advice, fashion-related or not, to the people wishing to work in your industry? The hardest thing is always to persuade yourself you can achieve things, once you do that the rest is a piece of cake! As for the fashion advice, always analyze the effect you want your clothes to have on people and dress according to that.
8. Why you chose this outfit combination? I wore this particular outfit yesterday, which was my normal work day, where I styled a shooting in the morning, had my pictures taken in the afternoon, went to pickup clothes and accessories for the upcoming shooting and had a meeting with a client after. A warm statement coat and the turtleneck kept me warm, while the moderate heel on the boots and some loose-fitting jeans kept me comfortable. In a warmer weather I would probably replace the coat with a blazer, and wear some pumps instead, but this pretty much sums up what I like to wear everyday.
A very simple and obvious color combo, but one of my favorite nevertheless. I just love how the tan color of this suede-looking coat (previously worn here) is amplified by the blue background (actually more navy in real life but these pics were taken at dusk so the exposure settings had to go up).
Also here’s a trick how to wear culottes with flats, sure the cropped pants + sneakers take away from your height, but the top and the bottom are the same color, which elongates your silhouette, so call it even!
Coat – Shein (check out this real suede one here)
Turtleneck – Zara (similar one here)
Culottes – Chicwish (similar ones here)
Sneakers – Adidas Stan Smith (lots of options here)
Bag – Saint Laurent
Watch – Michael Kors
Robe coats are definitely one of my biggest weaknesses this season, and if you remember my love for coats you’ll know I won’t stop until I get at least a dozen, haha. This one from the British store Baukjen I’ve worn like twenty times already, my favorite combos are definitely with my good old Stan Smiths.
I’ve lost count of how many outfits this camel coat was featured in on the blog, probably at least a dozen. It still remains one of my go-to outerwear pieces even though I constantly update my collection, and I don’t plan to change that in the near future. I actually think a good camel coat is one of the best wardrobe investments, especially if you’re a business person or prefer classic dressing. I guess I’m neither of those so I like to keep my camel coat outfits on an edgier side, in this case with loose-fitting jeans and a lot of metallic hardware.
Hi and thanks for stopping by! My name is Nika, and I've been running Fashion Agony for over 5 years now. I'm working as a personal stylist and style fashion shoots. I'm obsessed with shoes, traveling and taking pictures for the blog. Drop me a line at email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions.