A little cocktail dress with overtness situation from Milan. Wore this ruffled dress to the Diesel Black Gold show and decided to pair it with an unconventional shoe like these cutout overknees from Guess. My metallic nails and accessories seemed like a perfect addition to the burgundy and black palette of the outfit so I went with them.
There’s been a slight radio silence on the blog lately, caused by work and maybe a little too much partying, which I intend on stopping with this post. I’m wearing a bubble top that I wore back in the summer with denim shorts and skirts and this time I wanted to make it look a little bit more September-appropriate. A sleeveless blazer added just enough warmth and edge to this combo.
Top – Chicwish
Sleeveless blazer – Zara (similar one here)
Faux leather shorts – Zara (similar here)
Shoes – CMG
Bag – Milly
Just a quick post to show you one of my favourite summer layering techniques, which you’ve probably seen a lot lately. I love wearing a simple tight white crop top under cami dresses and tops as I’m crazy about the 90’s vibes right now. I’d normally pair tis with a white sneaker, but burgundy sandals seemed like a more appropriate solution for a hot day.
Top – Zara
Dress – Pull&Bear
Sandals – CMG
Bag – Milly
Jewellery – H&M
As part of Asos Be Yourself project I was asked to pick an outfit from Asos that would represent my everyday work style and answer a couple of questions about my work. I have to admit I’m lucky to wear whatever I like whenever I like since I don’t work at an office anymore, but naturally I try to make my clothes look appropriate to where I’m going and fulfill specific tasks.
1. Where do you work and what’s your position? I work as a fashion stylist on shootings, a personal stylist and a blogger.
2. Which aspects of your work make you get out of bed every morning with enthusiasm? Every day is not like the other, at work I’m always challenged creatively and get to meet new inspiring people everyday. I’m a huge perfectionist and it makes me happy to see my work highly appreciated, and for that I’m ready to wake up as early as needed.
3. What is a standard dress code in your industry? No dresscode whatsoever.
4. What constitutes your ultimate outfit combination? My ultimate combination has to be comfortable, flattering and trendy. I need to be at multiple places throughout the day so I keep all these aspects in mind, when I get dressed in the morning.
5. What are your favorite work shoes and why? Definitely ankle boots. They are edgy, comfortable and work with so many outfit combinations.
6. Any tips on how to save time doing your hair in the morning? There’s this old school thing I’m doing every morning. After I wash and blow dry my hair I’m using velcro rollers to add some volume to the roots while I’m doing my makeup. It works!
7. Can you give an advice, fashion-related or not, to the people wishing to work in your industry? The hardest thing is always to persuade yourself you can achieve things, once you do that the rest is a piece of cake! As for the fashion advice, always analyze the effect you want your clothes to have on people and dress according to that.
8. Why you chose this outfit combination? I wore this particular outfit yesterday, which was my normal work day, where I styled a shooting in the morning, had my pictures taken in the afternoon, went to pickup clothes and accessories for the upcoming shooting and had a meeting with a client after. A warm statement coat and the turtleneck kept me warm, while the moderate heel on the boots and some loose-fitting jeans kept me comfortable. In a warmer weather I would probably replace the coat with a blazer, and wear some pumps instead, but this pretty much sums up what I like to wear everyday.
Funny how I wore this outfit right when I came back from Paris two months ago and it still feels appropriate to the weather we’re having right now. I’ve been meaning to wear this old skirt with an oversized sweater for a very long time and finally the opportunity presented itself and I love how it turned out, even though I planned some chunkier shoes and a chunkier sweater. It’s all about the silhouette, right?
Right now I’m getting ready for a business conference, where I’ll be introducing a corporate style concept I developed for a company I’m currently working with, so wish me luck!
Hi and thanks for stopping by! My name is Nika, and I've been running Fashion Agony for over 5 years now. I'm working as a personal stylist and style fashion shoots. I'm obsessed with shoes, traveling and taking pictures for the blog. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions.