You can probably say that most of the time my style is pretty girly, but every once in a while I’m looking to add a little bit of strictness to my outfits, like today. This dress turned out to be a perfect piece for this purpose, I love the mesh panels, the stripes, and the cut that’s doing wonders to my body. All in all, an ideal garment for a dinner out.
As part of Asos Be Yourself project I was asked to pick an outfit from Asos that would represent my everyday work style and answer a couple of questions about my work. I have to admit I’m lucky to wear whatever I like whenever I like since I don’t work at an office anymore, but naturally I try to make my clothes look appropriate to where I’m going and fulfill specific tasks.
1. Where do you work and what’s your position? I work as a fashion stylist on shootings, a personal stylist and a blogger.
2. Which aspects of your work make you get out of bed every morning with enthusiasm? Every day is not like the other, at work I’m always challenged creatively and get to meet new inspiring people everyday. I’m a huge perfectionist and it makes me happy to see my work highly appreciated, and for that I’m ready to wake up as early as needed.
3. What is a standard dress code in your industry? No dresscode whatsoever.
4. What constitutes your ultimate outfit combination? My ultimate combination has to be comfortable, flattering and trendy. I need to be at multiple places throughout the day so I keep all these aspects in mind, when I get dressed in the morning.
5. What are your favorite work shoes and why? Definitely ankle boots. They are edgy, comfortable and work with so many outfit combinations.
6. Any tips on how to save time doing your hair in the morning? There’s this old school thing I’m doing every morning. After I wash and blow dry my hair I’m using velcro rollers to add some volume to the roots while I’m doing my makeup. It works!
7. Can you give an advice, fashion-related or not, to the people wishing to work in your industry? The hardest thing is always to persuade yourself you can achieve things, once you do that the rest is a piece of cake! As for the fashion advice, always analyze the effect you want your clothes to have on people and dress according to that.
8. Why you chose this outfit combination? I wore this particular outfit yesterday, which was my normal work day, where I styled a shooting in the morning, had my pictures taken in the afternoon, went to pickup clothes and accessories for the upcoming shooting and had a meeting with a client after. A warm statement coat and the turtleneck kept me warm, while the moderate heel on the boots and some loose-fitting jeans kept me comfortable. In a warmer weather I would probably replace the coat with a blazer, and wear some pumps instead, but this pretty much sums up what I like to wear everyday.
A follow up on the previous post and a second pair of snake heels almost in a row, I guess that has to mean something, right? The moment I saw these platform sandals I knew I had to have them, they will work perfect with dozens of outfit combinations that I have in mind for spring and summer: flares and wide legs, suede and velvet, denim skirts and dresses, you name it! Yes, walking in them might be a little work, but that’s how it always is with the shoes of my taste
Guess what, I spent the last two days in my new apartment repainting walls and when I stepped out to grab a latte this morning it was already the kind of spring we’ve all been waiting for the entire winter. A perfect weather for a fluffy cardigan and some slip ons! I simply can’t wait to enjoy the many months of sunshine and warmth ahead of us, I hope it’s as warm where you are!
I’m all for recycling items in your closet and recently I think I’ve outdone myself by wearing lots of the same pieces over and over in different outfits (hope you guys agree these outfits are different, haha), especially when I’m traveling and have no desire to carry a large bag. On another note, I couldn’t wait any longer to wear these heels, so I figured I’d pair them with some socks for added warmth. And by the way, speaking from experience, sandals and socks are almost as warm as boots.
Hi and thanks for stopping by! My name is Nika, and I've been running Fashion Agony for over 5 years now. I'm working as a personal stylist and style fashion shoots. I'm obsessed with shoes, traveling and taking pictures for the blog. Drop me a line at email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions.