Just a quick post to show you one of my favourite summer layering techniques, which you’ve probably seen a lot lately. I love wearing a simple tight white crop top under cami dresses and tops as I’m crazy about the 90’s vibes right now. I’d normally pair tis with a white sneaker, but burgundy sandals seemed like a more appropriate solution for a hot day.
Top – Zara
Dress – Pull&Bear
Sandals – CMG
Bag – Milly
Jewellery – H&M
I feel like I’m starting to abuse the off shoulder trend already because I’m wearing it every other day, but that’s because off shoulder tops are super flattering, feminine and simply weather-appropriate in the summertime. I fell in love with this cute bow detail top in navy and wanted to pair it with everything blue, just because I almost never wear it aside from denim. Tonal looks happen one of my favorite styling tricks this year and I think it’s been a while I wore a blue one so here you go.
As part of Asos Be Yourself project I was asked to pick an outfit from Asos that would represent my everyday work style and answer a couple of questions about my work. I have to admit I’m lucky to wear whatever I like whenever I like since I don’t work at an office anymore, but naturally I try to make my clothes look appropriate to where I’m going and fulfill specific tasks.
1. Where do you work and what’s your position? I work as a fashion stylist on shootings, a personal stylist and a blogger.
2. Which aspects of your work make you get out of bed every morning with enthusiasm? Every day is not like the other, at work I’m always challenged creatively and get to meet new inspiring people everyday. I’m a huge perfectionist and it makes me happy to see my work highly appreciated, and for that I’m ready to wake up as early as needed.
3. What is a standard dress code in your industry? No dresscode whatsoever.
4. What constitutes your ultimate outfit combination? My ultimate combination has to be comfortable, flattering and trendy. I need to be at multiple places throughout the day so I keep all these aspects in mind, when I get dressed in the morning.
5. What are your favorite work shoes and why? Definitely ankle boots. They are edgy, comfortable and work with so many outfit combinations.
6. Any tips on how to save time doing your hair in the morning? There’s this old school thing I’m doing every morning. After I wash and blow dry my hair I’m using velcro rollers to add some volume to the roots while I’m doing my makeup. It works!
7. Can you give an advice, fashion-related or not, to the people wishing to work in your industry? The hardest thing is always to persuade yourself you can achieve things, once you do that the rest is a piece of cake! As for the fashion advice, always analyze the effect you want your clothes to have on people and dress according to that.
8. Why you chose this outfit combination? I wore this particular outfit yesterday, which was my normal work day, where I styled a shooting in the morning, had my pictures taken in the afternoon, went to pickup clothes and accessories for the upcoming shooting and had a meeting with a client after. A warm statement coat and the turtleneck kept me warm, while the moderate heel on the boots and some loose-fitting jeans kept me comfortable. In a warmer weather I would probably replace the coat with a blazer, and wear some pumps instead, but this pretty much sums up what I like to wear everyday.
Hey, everyone! As you can probably tell, I cut half of my hair length and couldn’t be happier about it. Aside from all the obvious practical pros like less hair products and no screaming while trying to brush it out, I feel like this length makes me look a bit younger and wanna dress a bit differently, less feminine and more sporty, which is a good thing, because feminine is what I desperately try not to be
On another note, this is probably the comfiest skirt I have ever owned, the jersey fabric is super soft and stretchy and the orange mesh in the front is such a nice twist. It’s been a while since I last wore a skirt of this length and no matter how funny this sounds it brings a feeling of security, when you don’t have to watch out for your underwear to show, if you know what I mean
Hi and thanks for stopping by! My name is Nika, and I've been running Fashion Agony for over 5 years now. I'm working as a personal stylist and style fashion shoots. I'm obsessed with shoes, traveling and taking pictures for the blog. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions.